GRAPHIC AND VISUAL DESIGN (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- 21 years of print and general graphic design and production experience
- logo and branding
- entertainment marketing design
- event graphics, booth and counter graphics
- book and publication design
- Photoshop compositing and photo-bashing
WEB AND UI DESIGN (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD)
- 21 years of web design, including modern responsive design
- wireframes, lo- and high-fidelity designs in Illustrator and Photoshop
- interactive prototyping in Adobe XD
GAME AND ENTERTAINMENT DESIGN
- promotional posters and postcards
- social media headers and other graphics
- key art
- game world development and character design
- merchandise and shirt design
- advertising design
I’ve been an artist and designer pretty much my whole life, and working in the industry since 1996 or so. I started out doing identity and book design for a game company (Imagine Role Playing) in Atlanta in the ’90s, then moved to Los Angeles in 1997 and worked in entertainment design with a Burbank studio (Peter Green Design; clients included Fox Kids and Disney), doing magazine production, poster design, and producing digital assets while apprenticing with the master designers there. Since then I’ve worked in just about every kind of print design there is, branding and identity, publications, etc.
I’ve also been designing for web sites since 1996, with a recent concentration on visual design for UX/UI, web applications, and responsive sites. Recent experience includes re-designing a comic publishing platform with 100,000 users, designing responsive launch sites for tech startups, and a stint as a Senior UI Designer at Symantec.
Aside from general graphic and web design, I have also created illustration work for various projects, including the IMAGINE role playing game, HALO-related artwork for Penny Arcade’s Child’s Play Charity events, and designing identity and game-world-building assets for Aethercast.